Tax season is the perfect time to identify cross-selling opportunities, strengthen client relationships, and ensure client satisfaction. Consider asking your clients the following questions this tax season:
- What are your priorities for this year?
- What challenges do you predict for your business over the next 3-5 years?
- What are your growth plans?
- Do you expect any significant changes in your income in the next five years?
- Do you have any financial or tax needs that are not being met by the services we are currently providing?
- At what age do you plan to retire? Have you identified your successor?
- Do you have any financial concerns?
- Are you satisfied with the amount you have available for savings or investments?
- How satisfied are you with our service? In what areas can we improve?
- What is the most important contribution that we can make to you and your company?
- How can we help build your business?
- How can we serve you more effectively?
- What’s changed in your business over the last 12 months? (You should know most of this answer already if you’ve done your homework.)
- We always appreciate referrals. What kinds of referrals are you looking for?
What are your best questions to ask your clients this tax season? Let me know in the comments section below.