Attend our webinar: 3 Often Overlooked Factors in Successful Mergers and Acquisitions
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
2:00-2:50 p.m. Eastern
CPE credit: 1
Special Guests: Joel Sinkin, Transition Advisors and Rick Telberg, CPA Trendlines
Accounting firms are similar in many ways. Yet, firms are also different in personality, processes and performance. When evaluating merger and acquisition candidates it’s important to conduct comprehensive due diligence to discover the similarities and differences that will contribute to the success – or failure – of your M&A transaction.
The conventional approach to M&A is relatively narrow and looks primarily at legal, financial, and tax risk – and not at the more dynamic concepts of people and organizational design that enable a business to properly function. It is equally important to assess the cultural and organizational fit between two firms and their key people.
Merger Integration Services
- Client satisfaction surveys
- Facilitation of marketing strategy sessions
- Firm and niche marketing plans
- Internal and external communication plans
- Merger communication plans
- Pre-merger client analysis
- Vision, mission and core values facilitation
- Culture integration programs
- Individual and team assessments utilizing the Herman Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) and/or The Birkman Method
- Integration or creation of common performance management systems
- New leader integration (for new/newly appointed leaders)
- Pre- and post-merger culture assessments
- Retention strategies for key talent
- Talent management consulting
- Team building programs
12 Reasons to Invest in Merger Integration Services
- Help reduce unwanted employee turnover.
- Help reduce client turnover.
- Identify difficult partners and/or managers.
- Proactively identify potential areas of conflict.
- Obtain valuable data to help you make informed M&A decisions.
- Identify cultural differences to focus on immediately.
- Create a brand that will differentiate the new firm in the marketplace.
- Define the vision, mission and growth goals for the combined firm.
- Develop marketing plans to keep your business development efforts focused.
- Create strong teams.
- Establish or reaffirm your core values.
- Avoid the costs of demerging!
Is a merger or acquisition in your future? Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.