“Our firm has grown from 11 people to 70 and the period of most rapid growth occurred during Jean’s participation as our Marketing Consultant. We have grown from servicing one public company to twelve and have national recognition in several of our niches. Jean brings enthusiasm and expertise, each of which has impacted our shareholders and staff. Over the last two years our firm has been listed as one of the Top 25 CPA firms in the country and Jean has been an integral part of the process that enabled us to achieve the goals we set forth in our planning process. We continue to gain from her participation as our Marketing Consultant and believe she is an integral part of our firm’s management structure.”Mark Murovitz, CPA Managing Shareholder Tauber & Balser, P.C. Now, Partner, Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
Accounting marketing is my passion. I never imagined a career working with CPAs. Yet, here I am, more than 25 years after my first accounting marketing position, continuing to learn and be challenged – and loving it!
My tenacious approach with clients is based upon my experiences as a CPA firm marketing director, a CPA association executive director, and my 15 years of consulting experience.
Building relationships with my clients is the key to successful engagements. I do not use a cookie cutter approach. I examine each client’s situation and work with them to determine the strategies and tactics that will achieve the desired results.
- Brand SurgerySM
- Marketing Plan Development & Implementation
- Inbound Marketing
- Retreat Facilitation
- Capstone Marketing, President, January
1998 – Present.
- Moore Stephens North America, Inc., Executive Director, 1994 – 1997, Roswell, Georgia
- BDO Seidman, Regional Marketing Director,
1992 – 1994;Marketing Director, 1990 – 1992; Atlanta, Georgia
- Israeloff, Trattner & Company, Marketing Director, 1985-1989, Valley Stream, New York
- M.B.A./Marketing, Hofstra University,
Hempstead, New York
- B.A./Communication Studies, State University College at Oswego, New York
- Contributing Author, Bull’s-Eye! The Ultimate How-To Marketing and Sales Guide for CPAs
- Author, Double Digit Growth: Tools From Top Firms
- Contributing Author, How to Hire a Marketing Director and Make It Work
- Contributing Author, The Marketing Advantage II: New Ideas on Getting and Keeping Clients
- I’ve written or been quoted in more than 100 articles on professional services marketing appearing in Journal of Accountancy, Accounting Today, The Practical Accountant, CPA Practice Management Forum, Bowman’s Accounting Report, CPA Marketing Report, Professional Marketing, MarkeTrends, Partner-to-Partner Advisory, and other publications.
- Inaugural member, Association for Accounting Marketing Hall of Fame, 2001
- Association for Accounting Marketing-Marketing Achievement Awards
- Corporate Identity Package (Firms Under $15 Million Revenue), 2005, 2011
- Logo Redesign (Firms Under $15 Million Revenue), 2001, 2005, 2011
- Brochure (Firms Under 75 Professionals), 2001, 2012
- Volunteer of the Year, Association for Accounting Marketing, 1999
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, CPA Marketing Report, 1995 – 2005
- Member, Practice Management Editorial Advisory Board, Accounting Today, 1993-2003
- “100 Most Influential People in Accounting,” Accounting Today, 1993
- Association for Accounting Marketing:
- AAM-MAA Committee, 2008-09
- Past President, Board Member, and Annual Conference Chairperson
- American Marketing Association, Member
- National Speakers Association, Member
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team,