The second in a series of blog posts based upon The 90-Day Marketing Plan for CPA Firms:
How to Create the Roadmap for Your Firm’s Growth.
In addition to learning more about your firm’s client base it is important to analyze your competition. Week Two of The 90-Day Marketing Plan for CPA Firms shows you how. Gather competitive intelligence by:
- Asking your internal team and your clients for information.
- Conducting an online search.
- Checking out their websites.
- Evaluating their social media presence, including individual LinkedIn profiles, LinkedIn company pages, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
- Evaluating the trade and community organizations they support and the LinkedIn Groups they participate in.
- Setting up Google Alerts. This is a service that generates search engine results, based on criteria provided by you, and delivers the results to your e-mail account.
- Uncover information about firms and people at www.zoominfo.com and https://connect.data.com/.
Your competitive analysis will tell you about their marketing activities, organization involvement, services, industry specialties, and experts. This information will help you determine the services and industry niches to pursue and promote. It will inform you about the types of clients your competitors are seeking. It will help you tell your firm’s story and how you are different from your competition.
Want to learn more about The 90-Day Marketing Plan process? Join me for a live webinar on October 2, 2014, 12:00-1:15 p.m. Eastern and chat with me and other participants about your own challenges and opportunities, compare notes, get ideas, find out what works and what doesn’t at other firms.